Rail Project Victoria’s Environmental Vision is to be an industry leader in managing environmental impacts with a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in delivering major infrastructure projects.
To achieve this Environmental Vision, Rail Projects Victoria is committed to:
- ensuring environmental management is a core value of our organisation
- promoting a culture of exceptional environmental management, collaboration and continuous improvement, empowering our people to embrace a positive environmental management culture to encourage enhanced environmental performance
- ensuring all our delivery partners meet or exceed our environmental management requirements and integrate best practice into their activities
- establishing a framework for setting objectives and targets across all environmental aspects of the Authority's work
- providing staff with information, training and support to meet environmental challenges
- encouraging innovation and taking advantage of available opportunities to manage environmental risks and impacts.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- establish and implement practices to fulfil environmental compliance requirements, including all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, objectives and targets
- implement departmental and Rail Projects Victoria environmental plans, objectives and targets
- endeavour to protect and conserve the local and regional environment
- effectively manage the environmental impacts including social impacts, waste, water and energy use.