Victoria’s Big Build is the biggest upgrade to our transport network in history with a record amount of works taking place over summer.
During the quieter months on Victoria’s roads and trains, construction efforts will ramp up on the Metro Tunnel, West Gate Tunnel, level crossing removals and upgrades to the roads in the west.
- Excavation of the final section of the Metro Tunnel entrance at South Yarra, as crews begin shifting the existing train tracks to make room for the new track to connect the existing Cranbourne and Pakenham lines to the tunnel.
- Works will progress on the West Gate Tunnel project, as well as reconstructing ramps over the West Gate Freeway to make way for four additional new lanes.
- Removing the level crossings at Reservoir, Toorak Road, Carrum, Cheltenham, Mentone, Lyndhurst and Pakenham.
- Intersection and road upgrades in Laverton, Kingsville and Altona.
View current and upcoming disruptions that may impact your travel on the interactive map.
* Weekend and/or night works over this period
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.