As part of Victoria’s Big Build, we’re continuing work on road and public transport projects across the state.
Major works between December 2020 and February 2021 include:
- West Gate Bridge and Freeway: Maintenance on the West Gate Bridge and rebuilding the southbound bridge at Grieve Parade.
- Footscray Road: Building an elevated road as part of the West Gate Tunnel Project.
- Werribee Line: Removing the Werribee Street level crossing.
- Craigieburn, Frankston and Lilydale lines: Preparing to remove six dangerous and congested level crossings.
- Cranbourne Line: Laying 8km of additional track to allow more trains to run.
- Upfield Line: Completing two new stations at Coburg and Moreland.
- Sunbury Line: Upgrading the track, power and platforms for more modern trains.
- Ballarat Line: Completing works to allow for extra services in 2021.
- Gippsland Line: Building a new Avon River rail bridge so trains can travel faster.
- Metro Tunnel: Tunnel-boring to connect new underground stations.
- North East Link: Relocating gas, water and sewer pipes and drains on Greensborough and Bulleen roads.
- Monash and Princes Freeways: Adding 36km of extra lanes to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne.
As many of us holiday closer to home this summer, be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.