Major Road Projects Victoria – Graduate Program experience
Join Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) through the Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs.
In the 2023 Victoria's Big Build Graduate Programs, MRPV will host graduates in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Human Resources, Reporting and Analytics
- Information Systems/Technology
- Sustainability and Materials Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Social Value and Inclusion
- Risk and Assurance
Details about these disciplines can be found on the main Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs page.
The MRPV Graduate experience
By joining MRPV, you’ll be making it easier for Victorians – including your very own family and friends – to get where they need to go every day.
As an MRPV graduate, you’ll be exposed to tailored rotations across the various MRPV projects, including projects in regional locations. We’ll work with you to ensure you get exposure to a range of business areas, helping you shape your own unique career path.
We’ll give you:
- Tailored rotations – Aligned to your individual interests, at all phases of the project life-cycle (e.g. project development, construction, asset handover).
- Structured learning and development program – Based on MRPV’s graduate program DNA, which includes a formal mentoring program. Learning is experiential and is focused on professional and technical skills. We’ll get you on site as often as possible and we’ll set you up with the tickets to do so, plus a full set of personal protective equipment.
- Induction and onboarding – An intensive learning experience, which will immerse you into the business quickly, setting you up for success.
- Career coaching – It can be overwhelming trying to figure out what to do with this great opportunity, so we’ll give you a dedicated Graduate Program Manager to guide you through.
Meet the Grads at Major Road Projects Victoria
Whether you’re studying civil engineering or finance, our major road projects will take you places. From home, to our offices and project sites across the state, catch up with 2 of our Grads on a day in their life at Major Road Projects Victoria.
The MRPV journey
While each MRPV graduate will build their own story, here’s an overview of what your 2-year program with us could look like.
Delivering these massive projects takes multidisciplinary teams working collaboratively in a complex and creative environment. We will offer you the opportunity to develop technical and professional skills and take unrivalled experiences with you as you continue your professional career in your chosen field.
The MRPV difference
At MRPV, we’re proud of:
- Having an ongoing pipeline of road projects that will reduce congestion and travel times, improve safety, connect communities and improve the roads you rely on every day. As graduates, this means that there may be opportunities for ongoing employment with MRPV after the program.
- Ecologiq’s Recycled First Policy, which brings a uniform approach to the existing ad hoc use of recycled and reused products on major transport infrastructure projects, and aims to drive greater use of these materials, encourage innovation and develop demand for recycled and reused materials.
- Our commitment to delivering on our Sustainability Policy, with aspirations to be leaders in infrastructure sustainability and deliver projects that optimise social, economic, and environmental outcomes over the long term.
- Our Program Delivery Approach (PDA), which awards future road upgrades to pre-qualified contractors. The PDA aims to create a more sustainable contractor market, reduce procurement time and costs, better integrate project planning and project delivery, improve collaboration, and provide financial and future project opportunities.