Rail Projects Victoria – Graduate Program experience
Join Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) through the Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs.
In the 2023 Victoria's Big Build Graduate Programs, RPV will host graduates in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Information Systems/Technology
- Land, Planning and Environment/Urban Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics/Systems Engineering
Details about these disciplines can be found on the main Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs page.
The RPV Graduate experience
Looking for a Graduate Program that can kickstart your career and help shape Victoria for current and future generations?
Opportunities will be available to work on Melbourne Airport Rail, Metro Tunnel Project, and Regional Rail Revival as part of the 2023 Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Program.
At RPV, you'll experience various rotations across RPV project teams. RPV’s focus for our graduates is to support learning and career pathways to develop a high-quality construction sector. Our graduates are encouraged to undertake external rotations with our construction industry partners (e.g. John Holland, CPB, Coleman Rail) and our key suppliers (e.g. Aurecon, Mott MacDonald, Jacobs, KPMG). Since 2016, RPV has welcomed over 280 graduates – our 2016 graduates are now in senior roles across the sector.
We'll offer you the opportunity to develop technical and professional skills and take unrivalled experiences with you as you continue your professional career in your chosen field.
You'll be strongly encouraged to network with our industry partners and internal teams to find your next role after the program. You'll be supported in the lead up to the end of the program through career workshops and guidance from internal teams.
RPV learning series
You'll be given the opportunity to learn through workshops and activities including:
- Training courses – Further develop your portfolio of skills through core workshops such as: Performance Under Pressure, Presentation Skills, Personality Profiling, Writing for Business, Project Management, Introduction to Leadership, Best Practice Planning and Programming, Career Workshops and Peer Connect sessions.
- Mentoring program – An experienced Rail Projects Victoria employee will provide guidance for your career pathway and development.
- Early career development plan – Develop a structured development plan with your manager in each rotation to ensure you're getting the most out of the program.
- Site tours – Get involved in our projects and see what work is currently taking place across the organisation.