Professionals Program: Rail Systems
During this program you will participate in a structured learning and development program involving exposure to signalling processes and obtain a formal qualification to fast-track your signalling engineering career. You will be working closely with senior signalling experts to support Rail Projects Victoria in ensuring the design, development and delivery of the signalling components are to a high standard.
- 30-month program
- Full-time work opportunity
- On-the-job learning experience
- Formal qualification in railway signalling
Graduate Diploma in Railway Signalling
The Graduate Diploma of Railway Signalling will facilitate the development of competent railway signalling engineers with well-rounded knowledge base and relevant workplace skills.
On completion of the course you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop concept signalling and safety management plans for the safe operation of railways.
- Apply railway signal engineering principles to the design of signalling systems.
- Develop the signalling layout.
- Determine subsystem and application requirements for the signalling system.
- Manage the engineering requirements for a signalling system.
- Conduct research into complex issues in railway signalling.
- A highly focused and driven person who is passionate about contributing to the delivery of public infrastructure.
- Eager to start a career in rail systems and signalling.
- Interested in major rail infrastructure projects.
- Completed a Bachelor of Engineering or Science in electrical, computer science or related discipline.
- Be an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have full valid working rights in Australia for the duration of the program.
How to apply
Applications are now closed. Keep an eye out for an advertisement on our website, VicCareers, Seek and LinkedIn for future opportunities.