7 November 2022
Construction continues along the Hurstbridge Line throughout November and December as we work towards opening the new Greensborough station in mid 2023.
At times throughout November and December, we’ll need to work at night. We will be in touch with any residents directly affected by overnight works.
- Relocation of electrical infrastructure underneath Para Road between Flintoff Street and Grimshaw Street
- Civil and structural works on the new Greensborough Station and in the surrounding precinct
- Installation of nesting boxes for local wildlife across project areas
What to expect
- Overnight noise, dust and vibrations from heavy machinery working in the rail corridor and around station precincts
- The use of light towers for night works
- Heavy vehicles using local roads for haulage and deliveries to site
- Traffic management in place to help you move safely through the area - please follow all local vehicle and pedestrian detours
Changes to travel – road
- Intermittent traffic changes to Para Road overnight between Flintoff Street and Grimshaw Street on 18 November and again between 5 December 2022 and mid January 2023
- Please see maps below for detour information
Changes to travel – bicycle, pedestrian and parking
- Para Road footpath between Flintoff Street and Grimshaw Street in Greensborough on the station side will remain closed until early 2023
There will also be ongoing intermittent changes to parking on Poulter Avenue near Greensborough Station until mid-2023.
Para Road detour (applies only during intermittent overnight road closures)