31 October 2022
We are removing another 8 level crossings on the Upfield Line by building a rail bridge over the roads from Park Street, Parkville to Albion Street, Brunswick.
We’re undertaking site investigations to inform the future concept designs for the Brunswick Level Crossing Removal Project including:
- testing ground conditions
- locating existing underground assets.
From Monday 7 November 2022 to early 2023, these investigations will be between Flemington Bridge and Moreland stations within the rail corridor between 7am to 6pm on weekdays and 7am to 3pm on Saturdays.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule however dates are subject to change. Equipment may need to be stored on site overnight.
What to expect
You may notice:
- construction workers, equipment and vehicles in the area
- excavation machinery including drilling rigs attached to the back of a small truck
- that we’ll need to close select local roads temporarily to allow machinery into the rail corridor. Traffic management will be in place to help pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles safely move around the works area. Access to houses and private properties will be maintained at all times.
- some noise, dust and vibration during works.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com 24/7.