28 April 2022
With works on North East Link continuing, there’s a team of people to help support businesses in the Bulleen Industrial Precinct and their
We appreciate there is a lot happening at the moment as we move through the acquisition process. We have prepared a quick list to help explain who can help with what, and who to talk to if you have questions or concerns.
Project planning and updates
North East Link Program
North East Link’s landowner engagement team can help with:
- project updates and information
- works notifications and information about ongoing site investigations
If you’re not sure who to talk to, need more help than you’re currently getting, or want to raise an issue or concern:
Department of Transport and Valuer-General Victoria
The Secretary to the Department of Transport is responsible for the management of the acquisition process in accordance with the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986 (LAC Act). They are the main contact to assist you, or your legal representative, with questions and information relating to the acquisition and compensation process.
The Department of Transport engages the Valuer-General Victoria (VGV) to help inform compensation offers under the LAC Act. The VGV is the government’s authority on statutory valuations.
Refer to the case manager listed in your Notice of Intention to Acquire (NOITA).
More information online at Victorian legislation.
BRM Projects and Murcroft
Two companies, BRM Projects (BRM) and Murcroft Business Valuations (Murcroft), are contracted by VGV to provide advice on relocation costs (hypothetical or actual) and business valuations to inform offers of compensation.
- interviewing business owners to understand business operations
- a site visit by BRM which will include:
- external and internal inspection of premises
- survey to create layout
- visit by quantity surveyor (Prowse Quantity Surveyors)
- visit by plant and equipment valuer (WE Valuation Services), where necessary.
BRM and Murcroft will contact business owners, or their legal representative, to arrange a time to visit or collect information; in many instances, contact has already been made.
Support for you and your workers
Workshops and mentoring
North East Link Program (NELP) can coordinate free workshops and events to support businesses, traders and workers affected by the project.
Support is available on digital and general marketing, preparing for change, building resilience, succession planning and winning government business. Career advice as well as practical training is also available.
Businesses impacted by the project can access free mentoring with experienced mentors who know what it’s like to run a small business. To support businesses and workers at different stages of the project, we’ll be refining and building what’s on offer as we go. If you’d like to talk to us about what you might need and when, please get in touch.
More information on our Business and traders page.
Relocation support (Charter Keck Cramer – CKC)
NELP has appointed Charter Keck Cramer (CKC) to provide businesses affected by acquisition with support to plan for relocation.
CKC can work with you to prepare a tailored relocation plan. This involves:
- speaking with you and visiting your business to understand your operational requirements and relocation needs
- preparing a list of possible properties for you to consider
- mapping out key steps and a timeline you can use for your move.
Key things to know:
- This is a free, no obligation service.
- It is separate to, and independent from, the acquisition process.
- Information gathered by CKC will be used to help prepare your relocation plan. It will not be used to inform compensation.
- CKC’s role does not include providing advice about acquisition or compensation.
- If you have questions about compensation, ask your Department of Transport case manager
More information online at Charter Keck Cramer.
Personal support (New View Psychology)
Free, independent and confidential counselling is available to all businesses, their workers and families through New View Psychology. Services are provided by experienced and qualified mental health practitioners and psychologists.
New View Psychology
Telephone: 1300 830 687 (quote North East Link)
More information online at New View Psychology.
Getting builders on board
North East Link is 5 major projects in one. To deliver this massive program of work, we’ll progressively appoint teams of builders for each big element. They’ll take on the next stage of detailed design and get construction underway. The North East Link Tunnels will take the longest to build, so we’re starting with these first. We’ve appointed the Spark consortium as our partner to take on the next stage of more detailed design and manage construction.
More information on our project design page.
Bulleen Industrial Zone Liaison Group (BIZ Group)
The BIZ Group represents the interests of the Bulleen industrial precinct, they:
- share information with businesses in the industrial precinct
- meet and speak with us regularly
- can raise issues or concerns on your behalf.
NELP provides independent project support to the BIZ Group with a range of tasks including organising meetings, agendas, minutes and general administrative support.
BLG Chair, Mike Marasco
This information is current at the time of publication, however changes may occur. Please visit our website for the latest updates.