Sunbury Line Upgrade overview
The $2.1 billion Sunbury Line Upgrade will see various upgrades within the rail corridor extending from Sunbury to Footscray.
These enhancements are needed to take full advantage of the extra capacity created by the Metro Tunnel, and to allow bigger, more modern trains to run on the Sunbury Line.
Works are underway to deliver:
- power upgrades between Sunbury and the Metro Tunnel entrance near South Kensington station
- platform extensions along the line from Sunbury to Footscray
- installation of wheelchair boarding platforms at 8 stations
- train stabling upgrades at Sunbury, Calder Park and Watergardens
- removal of the Gap Road level crossing in Sunbury, in partnership with the Level Crossing Removal Project
Check out our video above to find out more about our works.