Motorists in Melbourne’s south east can enjoy a safer, smoother journey with major construction on the Hallam Road Upgrade now complete.
The intersection at South Gippsland Highway, Hallam Road and Evans Road is now open, featuring new traffic lights, buses stops, footpaths and extra lanes.
These major upgrades will improve safety and traffic flow for the 40,000 drivers who rely on Hallam Road, South Gippsland Highway and Evans Road every day.
Major works on the Hallam Road Upgrade included:
- realigned Hallam Road and Evans Road
- installed traffic lights to improve safety for drivers and pedestrians
- new traffic lights added at the Resource Recovery Precinct
- new footpaths on both sides of Hallam Road and Evans Road
- bus stops along Hallam Road and Evans Road
- new bus queue jump lanes at the Hallam Road, South Gippsland Highway and Evans Road intersection.
In the coming weeks, designs for Hallam Station will be released, based on community feedback. The new Hallam Station will be built as part of the Hallam Road Level Crossing Removal Project, which will begin at the end of 2020 and be finished in 2022.