The Metro Tunnel Creative Program has been designed to support the Metro Tunnel Project’s Creative Strategy (PDF, 10.9 MB).
- dynamic sites of creativity
- manage construction impacts
- line-wide identity
- welcoming and people focused places
- creative opportunities and engagement
- showcase Melbourne.
The Strategy also states that interventions occurring during the construction phase should be underpinned by the following principles.
- manage construction impacts – protecting what makes Melbourne great
- maintain the city’s activity and vibrancy – supporting Melbourne’s businesses and residents
- provide opportunities for local creative practitioners, artists and communities during the construction phase as we strive to manage disruption from the construction of the Metro Tunnel
- imagine the city as a laboratory – trialling new ideas and engaging with the project as it develops.