We’ve opened all new lanes on O’Herns Road and the interchange to the Hume Freeway.
As part of the upgrade, we built:
- a new interchange with direct access to the Hume Freeway
- one new lane in each direction on O’Herns Road between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- new traffic light intersections at Edgars Road and Gateway Boulevard
- a wider bridge over the Hume Freeway to improve traffic flow to the new interchange
- a new and upgraded walking cycling path and on-road bicycle lane.
We’ve also installed new traffic lights at the future Koukoura Drive intersection. The remaining connection will be built by Development Victoria.
See how we've changed the way you travel on O'Herns Road.
Watch the O'Herns Road bridge beam installation timelapse below.