The North East Link Tunnels will take 15,000 trucks off local roads every day and reduce travel times by up to 35 minutes.
In response to community feedback, we’re building:
- longer 6.5km tunnels to Watsonia
- simpler interchanges at Lower Plenty Road and Manningham Road
- 5 MCGs of parklands along Banyule Creek at Borlase Reserve
- a new 2km tree-lined boulevard for Greensborough Road
- a 2 hectare Yarra Link green bridge over Bulleen Road
- 3 new wetlands along the Yarra River and Koonung Creek in Bulleen and Balwyn North.
Urban Design and Landscape Plan
To get ready for major construction, we exhibited an Urban Design and Landscape Plan (UDLP) from 11 May to 31 May 2022 and asked local people to comment on the look and feel of the design for their area. The plan also included connecting Eastern Freeway upgrades in Bulleen and Balwyn North.
We’ll be sharing a summary of how submissions were considered in the coming months.
You can see the plan on Engage Victoria.
Read the latest fact sheets below to find out more: