We’re planning Melbourne’s first, dedicated busway – providing separated lanes for buses along the Eastern Freeway all the way from an upgraded Doncaster Park and Ride towards the city.
Dedicated lanes for buses mean passengers won’t be held up by weaving on and off the freeway and will get a true express ride.
Starting at Doncaster Park and Ride, the busway would:
- run in dedicated lanes on the northern side of the Eastern Freeway towards the city
- connect with a proposed new Park and Ride next to Bulleen Road, to improve local access to fast, reliable bus services. Local services would also be able to get on and off the busway at Thompsons Road
- at Chandler Highway, the busway would split and run on the outside edges of the Eastern Freeway to connect into the existing bus lanes on Hoddle Street.
The busway will include two proposed park and ride facilities, an upgraded Doncaster Park and Ride as well as a Bulleen Park and Ride. These park and rides would include:
- additional bus platforms
- multi-level parking with additional quick drop-off/pick-up parking bays
- pedestrian and cycling access
- cycling cages
Find out more