We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with two major upgrades
The Suburban Roads Upgrade is a $4 billion investment that will improve 20 priority roads across Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs.
Western Roads Upgrade
Work is underway on the $1.8 billion project that will transform eight priority roads in Melbourne’s western suburbs including:
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road, Point Cook, between Point Cook Road and Princes Freeway
- Palmers Road, Truganina, between Princes Freeway and Western Freeway
- Derrimut Road, Tarneit, between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road
- Leakes Road, Truganina, between Fitzgerald Road and Derrimut Road
- Dohertys Road, Laverton North, between Fitzgerald Road and Grieve Parade
- Dohertys Road, Truganina, between Foundation Road and Palmers Road
- Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
- Duncans Road Interchange, Werribee/Werribee South.
Funding will also be put towards improvements and maintenance for more than 260 km of road between Footscray and Werribee for the next 20 years.
Northern Roads Upgrade
The Northern Roads Upgrade will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s northern suburbs
Local foot paths and road infrastructure will also be improved.
The upgrade will add lanes and upgrade intersections on:
- Bridge Inn Road from Plenty Road to Yan Yean Road, Doreen
- Childs Road from Beaumont Crescent to Prince of Wales Avenue, Mill Park
- Craigieburn Road from Mickleham Road to the Hume Highway, Craigieburn
- Epping Road from Craigieburn Road East to Memorial Avenue, Epping
- Fitzsimons Lane intersection upgrades in Eltham and Templestowe, and Leane Drive in Eltham
- Sunbury Road from Bulla-Diggers Rest Road to Powlett Street, Sunbury.
The project will have many benefits for growing communities in the northern suburbs.
South Eastern Roads Upgrade
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade will improve six main roads across the south eastern suburbs. Local foot paths and road infrastructure will also be improved.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade will add lanes and upgrade intersections on:
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road from the Princes Freeway to Manks Road, Pakenham South
- Lathams Road from Oliphant Way to Dandenong-Frankston Road, Seaford
- Hallam North Road from Heatherton Road to James Cook Drive, Endeavour Hills
- Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road from Thompsons Road to the South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne
- Pound Road West and Remington Drive from Abbotts Road to the South Gippsland Highway, with a new bridge over the Cranbourne train line, Dandenong South
- Golf Links and Grant Roads road surface improvements from the Peninsula Link to Frankston-Flinders Road, Langwarrin South.
One of the biggest investments in outer suburban roads to cater for Melbourne's rapid growth
The Suburban Roads Upgrade is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria. Visit the project website for more information.
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
4 kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road will be duplicated, and investigating the potential for duplicating a further 6 kms from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road
Chandler Highway Upgrade
Upgrading Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
Fast Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a fast rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Melbourne Airport Rail
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
North East Link
Victoria's biggest road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network
O'Herns Road Upgrade
Upgrading O’Herns Road and High Street intersection and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
Streamlining Hoddle Street
Improved traffic flow and access for public transport users, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians travelling through Hoddle Street and Punt Road
Sunbury Line Upgrade
The Sunbury Line Upgrade will enable more modern trains to run more often on the line, creating room for 113,000 more passengers every week
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
Thompsons Road Upgrade
Removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and duplicating a stretch of Thompsons Road
Transport is changing in Pakenham
Building a new super station and improving roads and rail services for Pakenham and surrounds
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.