Major works between March and May include:
- Pakenham, Lilydale, Craigieburn, Werribee and Mernda lines: Works continue to remove 20 dangerous and congested level crossings, with the Cherry Street level crossing gone by Easter.
- Cranbourne Line: Laying 8km of additional track to allow more trains to run.
- Sunbury Line: Upgrading the track, power and platforms for more modern trains.
- Seymour, Shepparton, Warrnambool and Gippsland lines: Works to upgrade the regional network begin as well as maintenance works.
- Metro Tunnel: Tunnel-boring to connect new underground stations.
- North East Link: Relocating gas, water and sewer pipes and drains on Greensborough and Bulleen roads.
- Monash and Princes Freeways: Adding 36km of extra lanes to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne.
- West Gate Freeway: Rebuilding the southbound bridge on Grieve Parade and widening the freeway.
While we prepare for a better network there will be disruptions. Be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.