Welcome to the bigbuild.vic.gov.au website (Website) operated by the State of Victoria through the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA).
Using this Website
This Website can be accessed and used by the public. However, you may need to register your contact details if you would like to sign up for electronic newsletters and other updates from us.
- to use this Website for lawful purposes
- not to use this Website in any way which infringes the rights of, or affects the use and enjoyment of the Website by, any other person
- not to submit confidential or private information you are not authorised to provide
- that MTIA is entitled to remove or delete any content you post on this Website in its sole discretion.
MTIA publishes content on this Website to distribute information to the public. MTIA does not make any representations or warranties about this Website, including any representations or warranties about the accuracy, currency or completeness of the Website content.
This Website and its content are provided 'as is' and 'as available'. MTIA takes steps to check and test the Website but MTIA does not represent or warrant that the Website is secure and that your access to or use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The content on this Website does not constitute advice and does not take into account your specific circumstances or requirements. By using this Website, you assume responsibility for evaluating the Website content and its suitability to your needs. We recommend you obtain professional advice before you do anything in reliance on this Website or its content.
If you use automatic language translation services to translate this Website, you do so at your own risk noting that it may affect the accuracy and completeness of the Website content.
We may remove Website content, including third-party content and links, or suspend the operation of this Website at any time without notice. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
Linking to this Website
We recommend you link to our home page at bigbuild.vic.gov.au. If you link to another page, the page address may change.
Our Website content may only be shown in full screen format, and it must not include or be framed by advertising.
Linking to external websites
This Website may contain links to external websites. This includes links to social-networking services, video-sharing websites and web feed services, including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
MTIA does not ordinarily sponsor or endorse any external website linked to this Website. We recommend that you exercise your own judgement when you follow a Website link to another website.
You must not:
- interfere with the proper working of this Website
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent any of the technical measures that we use to manage or secure this Website
- use any system or software, manual or automated, to extract data from this Website
- disable, overburden or otherwise attack this Website in any way, including by a denial-of-service attack
- introduce Trojans, worms, spyware or other malicious or technologically harmful content (malicious content) to this Website.
We may make electronic documents, files or data available for download from this Website. You agree to comply with our Copyright Notice if you download any of these materials.
Important terms about the limits of our liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, MTIA is not liable to you or to any other person (whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages (including without limitation loss of revenue or loss of profits) arising from or connected with your use of this Website, or any of its content.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, MTIA is not liable to you or to any other person for any malicious content transmitted by this Website. We recommend that you ensure that your browser is equipped with updated virus protection software and that you take reasonable precautions to ensure that any materials you download will not corrupt or damage your software, hardware or data, or that of any other person.
Email or SMS subscription
You can sign up for electronic newsletters and other updates from us, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free and fee-free licence (including a right to sub-license) to exercise all intellectual property rights in any content you submit to the Website.
MTIA encourages you to use and re-use the Website content in accordance with the copyright licence set out below.
The State of Victoria owns or is an authorised licensor of all the copyright (and related rights) in the content provided on this Website.
In the event a third party owns any copyright in the Website content, their permission may be required to use that material.
You can contact us if you wish to enquire about your right to use the content on this Website.
Except where otherwise stated, the content on this Website is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 and is represented by this licence image:
The details of this copyright licence are available on the Creative Commons website.
If you wish to share any of the content on this Website, you must attribute it as follows:
© State of Victoria (Major Transport Infrastructure Authority) 2020
Not covered by the copyright licence
The copyright licence does not apply to any:
- images, photographs, videos or sound recordings
- Victorian Government trade mark, insignia or element of branding, including the Victorian Coat of Arms, the Victorian Government logo and any MTIA logo, except where any of those things appear as an inseparable part of the Website content and are reproduced without alteration and in connection with that content
- third party content.
You must not use any Website content in any way that:
- suggests MTIA approves or endorses you or your use of the Website content
- is contrary to its intended use or is prejudicial or harmful to MTIA
- misleads others or misrepresents the Website content or its source
- breaches the 'Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014' (Vic).
Commonly used words
In this Copyright Notice:
- 'Website' includes all the subdomains of the Website and all the websites operated by MTIA's Project Offices.
- 'us', 'our' or 'we' means MTIA and MTIA's Project Offices, and (where the context requires) each of their employees, contractors and agents.
- 'MTIA' means the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority and MTIA's Project Offices, and (where the context requires) each of their employees, contractors and agents.
- 'MTIA's Project Offices' means the project offices for the Level Crossing Removal Project, Major Road Projects Victoria, North East Link Project, Rail Projects Victoria and West Gate Tunnel Project, and any other project office which becomes incorporated into MTIA.
- 'you' or 'your' means users accessing or using the Website.