Major works in June, July and August 2021 include:
- Williamstown, Werribee, Ballarat, Geelong, Lilydale and Frankston lines: Works continue to remove more than 20 dangerous and congested level crossings, with the South Gippsland Highway level crossing gone for good this winter.
- Sunbury Line: Upgrading the track, power and platforms to prepare for more modern trains to run on the line.
- Geelong, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines: Continuing work to upgrade the regional train network.
- Greensborough and Bulleen roads: Relocating gas, water and sewer pipes and drains for North East Link, the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network.
- Monash and Princes freeways: Adding 36km of extra lanes to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne.
- M80 Ring Road and Hume Freeway: Adding new lanes and building new on and off ramps.
- West Gate Freeway: Expanding the freeway from 8 to 12 lanes.
Plan ahead and allow extra time.