As part of Victoria’s Big Build, we’re working to remove some of Melbourne’s most dangerous and congested level crossings, continuing to build the Metro Tunnel and upgrading the Sunbury Line.
Major works taking place between September and November 2020 include:
- Removing level crossings on the Upfield, Frankston and Cranbourne lines
- Duplicating eight kilometres and track on the Cranbourne Line
- Building three brand new stations on the Upfield and Cranbourne lines
- Relocating utilities including gas, water and sewer pipes and drains to prepare for major construction on the North East Link in 2021
- Continued tunnel-boring to connect the Metro Tunnel's new underground stations
- Upgrading the Sunbury Line with track, power and station platform upgrades to enable more modern trains to run on the line
- Helping to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne by building the Mordialloc Freeway, upgrading the Monash Freeway, and widening the West Gate Freeway.
In addition, other critical maintenance works will be taking place across the public transport network. Find out if you’re affected on the interactive disruptions map.
Disruptions take place for the entire date unless times are specified.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.