Works continue this winter
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, we’re working to remove some of Melbourne’s most dangerous and congested level crossings, continuing to build the Metro Tunnel and upgrading the Sunbury Line.
Major works taking place between May and August 2020 include:
- Removing four level crossings on the Upfield Line, including the notorious Bell Street level crossing
- Removing three congested level crossings in Mentone and Cheltenham
- Building four brand new stations on the Frankston and Upfield lines
- Starting early works on North East Link by relocating utilities including gas, water and sewer pipes and drains
- Building an underground pedestrian connection between Flinders Street Station and the new Town Hall Station to help connect the Metro Tunnel to the existing train network
- Upgrading the Sunbury Line with new signalling and overhead wiring
- Helping to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne by upgrading the Monash Freeway, Duncans Road interchange and widening the West Gate Freeway.
In addition, other critical maintenance works will be taking place across the public transport network. Find out if you’re affected on the interactive disruptions map.
Disruptions take place for the entire date unless times are specified.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.