The Request for Proposal has been released for the $2.2 billion Northern Roads Upgrade and South Eastern Roads Upgrade.
Short-listed parties will submit their plans for each of the projects in mid-2019.
Construction is expected to start from 2020 and is due to be completed at the end of 2025.
Northern Roads Upgrade
- Duplicating Craigieburn Road (Craigieburn), Sunbury Road (Sunbury) Epping Road (Epping), Childs Road (Mill Park) and Bridge Inn Road (Doreen)
- Upgrading intersections along Fitzsimons Lane in Templestowe and Eltham
- Improving and maintaining hundreds of kilometres of arterial roads across Melbourne’s north.
Southern Roads Upgrade
- Extra lanes for Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road (Pakenham), Lathams Road (Seaford), Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road (Cranbourne), Hallam North Road (Endeavour Hills) and Pound Road West (Dandenong South)
- Upgrading Golf Links Road and Grant Road in Langwarrin South
- Improve and maintain hundreds of kilometres of arterial roads across the south-eastern suburbs.