The level crossings at Evans Road and South Gippsland Highway will be removed with a road bridge design.
Evans Road, Lyndhurst
- When Evans Road is reopened, locals will save about 12 minutes for a round trip between Thompsons Road and South Gippsland Highway.
- Works will be fast tracked with construction to begin this year.
- The crossing will be gone by 2020.
South Gippsland Highway, Dandenong South
- 31,000 vehicles travel across the level crossing each day.
- The design will provide significant benefits to the community, including improving pedestrian connections and access to important services.
- The level crossing will be removed by 2022.