The 2020‒21 Federal Budget includes $1.141 billion in new funding for a package of road and rail projects across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- $320 million for the Shepparton Line Upgrade
- $208 million for the Warrnambool Line Upgrade
- $292 million for the Barwon Heads Road Duplication
- $84.5 million for the Hall Road Upgrade in Cranbourne
- $31 million for the Narre Warren North Road Upgrade
- $22.5 million for the South Road Upgrade in Moorabbin
- $27.2 million Western Port Highway Upgrade.
- $30 million for planning and development of Western Rail Plan.
Funding is also being brought forward for critical Victoria’s Big Build projects, including the South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Duplication and the Princes Highway East duplication between Traralgon and Sale.
This funding will enable planning, development and procurement of Victorian projects to be completed, and make way for construction to create additional jobs for Victorians and opportunities for local suppliers.