Expressions of Interest are open to design and build the bulk of the Gippsland Line Upgrade, Shepparton Line Upgrade, and Bendigo Line Upgrade
Packaging these projects together will allow the most capable and experienced construction companies in Victoria to compete for the multi-million-dollar package of works.
Planning and site investigations across the three lines are already well underway, with construction to begin as early as next year.
Construction on the Gippsland-Shepparton-Bendigo package of works is targeted for completion in 2022, subject to planning and environmental approvals.
Gippsland Line Upgrade
- Building a new rail bridge over the Avon River in Stratford.
- Station upgrades with second platforms at Bunyip, Longwarry, Morwell and Traralgon stations.
- Track duplication between Bunyip and Longwarry.
- 1.5-kilometre extension of the Morwell crossing loop.
- Level crossing detection upgrades between Pakenham and Traralgon.
- Signalling upgrades.
- Building a larger train stabling facility at or near Traralgon
- Drainage structure upgrades along the line.
Shepparton Line Upgrade
- Platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie stations.
- Crossing loop extension near Murchison East.
- Upgrades to 59 level crossings between Donnybrook and Shepparton.
- New stabling to house VLocity trains.
- Signalling and track upgrades to enable trains to travel at up to 130km/h.
Bendigo and Echuca Line Upgrade
- Track upgrades to increase the maximum train speed between Epsom and Echuca from 80km/h to 130km/h.
- Signalling upgrades from Bendigo to Epsom and Eaglehawk.
- Level crossing modifications between Epsom and Echuca.