The Victorian Budget 2019/20 delivers funding for major road and rail projects, to transform the way we get around our suburbs.
It includes upgrading the suburban train network, building Melbourne’s missing link, and planning for the next big projects.
- $2.1 billion to upgrade the Sunbury Line to enable the rollout of new High Capacity Metro Trains.
- $6.6 billion to removal another 25 level crossings.
- $15.8 billion to fully fund and build North East Link.
- $750 million to duplicate the train line between Dandenong and Cranbourne.
- $547 million to deliver the next stage of the Hurstbridge Line Upgrade.
- Upgrades to major roads including South Road in Moorabbin, Hall Road and Western Port Highway in the south-east, Narre Warren North Road and upgrading bicycle lanes on St Kilda Road.
- Planning the next big projects including Melbourne Airport Rail, Suburban Rail Loop and Western Rail Plan.
For more information about the Victorian Budget 2019/20, see the Suburban Transport Blitz.