Works are underway on Stage 1 of the Yan Yean Upgrade, with drainage, asphalting and roadside kerb all being installed.
This stage involves:
- Removing dangerous road bends
- Widening the road from one to two lanes in each direction between Diamond Creek Road and Kurrak Road
- Upgrading six intersections with new traffic lights and pedestrian crossings
- Building a centre barrier to improve safety
- Creating a new shared user path on the west side of the road, and a new footpath on the east side.
Construction on Stage 1 of the upgrade is set to be complete by mid-2019.