As part of the Childs Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue
- upgrade the roundabout to traffic lights at Bowman Drive
- build a new bridge over Darebin Creek and upgrade the existing bridge
- add a pedestrian operated traffic light to the crossing at the left turn from Dalton Road onto Childs Road
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Watch the video to see an overview of the planned upgrade for Childs Road.
Use the Childs Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project.
Local traders looking to provide services for the Childs Road Upgrade can email email@example.com or call on 1800 105 105.
Project overview factsheet
Please see below for the project overview factsheet translated in to various languages.