As part of the Golf Links Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- improve the road surface
- improve the 6-way roundabout at Golf Links, Grant, Warrandyte and Baxter-Tooradin Road
- improve the intersections at McClelland Drive and Peninsula Link off-ramp
- install traffic lights at the Baxter-Tooradin Road pedestrian crossing near the school
- install new footpaths at the corner of Lower Somerville and Baxter-Tooradin Road
- improve the footpath on Golf Links Road, from Garden Brae Court and Warrandyte Road
- add safety barriers along sections of the road.
This upgrade will:
- make it easier and safer for you to get to Peninsula Link, Somerville, Hastings and the Western Port Highway
- make it easier and safer for trucks to get to Grant Road and the Somerville commercial precinct
- lower the risk and severity of crashes with safety barriers.
View a larger version of the Golf Links Road upgrade map (PDF, 1.0 MB)
Community information sessions
Information sessions will be held monthly to keep you updated on the project. Details for the May session are coming soon!
Building the upgrade
In early July 2020, the Premier announced a new Program Delivery Approach (PDA) for Major Road Projects Victoria’s $3 billion pipeline of road construction projects to boost Victoria’s economy and create hundreds of jobs.
Our construction partner MACA is underway with services investigations (that's your water and gas pipes, internet and the like). Major construction will start in late 2021.
See an overview on what's happening as part of the upgrade.
Use the Golf Links Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more about the project. Click on the icons to find out more about the improvements we’re making.
Local traders looking to provide services for the Golf Links Road Upgrade can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1800 105 105.
For more information about the Golf Links Road Upgrade please call 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com
You can also sign up for email and SMS updates using the link below.