The Australian and Victorian governments have invested more than $4 billion in the Regional Rail Revival program, which is upgrading every regional passenger rail line in Victoria.
The once-in-a-generation investment is improving the reliability of the regional public transport network, enhancing the passenger experience and supporting local economies.
Read more about our projects:
Passengers are already enjoying the benefits of Regional Rail Revival, including:
- a new rail bridge over the Avon River in Stratford, which allows trains to travel at up to 90km/h in this section
- VLocity trains to Bairnsdale
- 10 extra weekly services for Shepparton
- 150 new car parking spaces, platform extension with shelters and better access for cars, buses and pedestrians at Donnybrook Station
- platform extension with shelters and 2 new bus bays and extension of the waiting room (including new bathrooms) at Wallan Station
- a rebuilt station at Rockbank, a new station at Cobblebank and station upgrades at Ballan, Bacchus Marsh and Wendouree on the Ballarat Line
- 12 level crossing upgrades on the Warrnambool Line, improving safety for motorists, pedestrians and train passengers.