Halletts Way interchange
In August 2018, the new Halletts Way interchange opened to traffic.
The upgrade added new entry and exit ramps at Halletts Way and a separate bridge over the Western Freeway for pedestrians and cyclists.
The upgrade has improved safety, traffic flow, reduced pressure on existing roads and created a convenient way for residents and businesses to access the Western Freeway.
Gisborne Road/Holts Lane intersection upgrade
The rapid population growth of Bacchus Marsh means the number of vehicles using the Gisborne Road/Holts Lane intersection continues to increase. To ease congestion at this important access point to the Western Freeway, the Victorian Government invested $2.5 million to upgrade the intersection and Melbourne-bound on-ramp. At this intersection, we:
- added an extra lane on Gisborne Road at the intersection of Holts Lane
- built a dedicated lane for southbound traffic to access the Western Freeway
- permanently closed access to Holts Lane from the Gisborne Road service road to improve traffic flow and safety
- widened existing footpaths and added a new pedestrian link in the north-western corner of the intersection
- built a new traffic island on Holts Lane, east of Gisborne Road, to reduce traffic speeds.
During a community drop-in session in February 2018 we shared the proposed design with local residents. We used their feedback to influence changes that included keeping the pedestrian crossing facilities south of Holts Lane open and making improvements to the layout of the service road access.