We’ve widened the road and built a second, 6 lane bridge next to the existing bridge, providing welcome relief for the 44,000 drivers who rely on this crossing every day.
As part of the upgrade we've:
- widened Chandler Highway to 6 lanes
- restored the Chandler Highway heritage bridge to a walking and cycling path and into its existing condition
- upgraded the Heidelberg Road and Chandler Highway intersection
- added new traffic lights at the Chandler Highway and Yarra Boulevard intersection
- built safer cycling and walking paths connecting to the Main Yarra Trail
- landscaped around the Yarra River
- improved stormwater drainage and lighting.