As part of the Childs Road Upgrade, we:
- added an extra lane in each direction between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue
- upgraded the roundabout to traffic lights at Bowman Drive
- built a new bridge over Darebin Creek and upgraded the existing bridge
- added a pedestrian operated traffic light to the crossing at the left turn from Dalton Road onto Childs Road
- built new shared walking and cycling paths
- installed safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Hear from our construction team about what's been involved in completing the Childs Road Upgrade.