We’ve built a new bridge over the Cranbourne rail line to remove the dead ends at Remington Drive and Pound Road West. The bridge provides a second connection between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway, improving access to the freeway network and reducing travel times for businesses.
As part of the Pound Road West Upgrade, we’ve:
- connected Pound Road West and Remington Drive with a new bridge over the Cranbourne railway line
- added an extra lane in each direction between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- installed new traffic lights at Ventura Place and Hydrive Close
- upgraded the existing Remington Drive and Pound Road West intersections at Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- built new shared walking and cycling paths
- installed safety barriers along the road.
We’ve also strengthened and resurfaced the Frankston-Dandenong Road Bridge over the Cranbourne and Pakenham rail lines.
This Pound Road West Upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway and Abbotts Road
- improve access in and around the Dandenong South employment hub
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers
- improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists.