We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with two major upgrades
Major construction works on the Thompsons Road Upgrade are now complete with minor finishing works continuing until early 2020.
So far the project has:
- Duplicated a 10.7km stretch of Thompsons Road between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- Removed the level crossing near Merinda Park Station by constructing two bridges over the Cranbourne rail line
- Added an additional lanes in between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Marriott Boulevard, and between Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- Replaced the roundabouts at Western Port Highway and McCormicks Road with traffic lights.
Minor works will continue with:
- landscaping and planting 449,000 new trees with 16,000 cubic metres of recycled timber mulch
- drainage works under the road near Merinda Park Boulevard
- opening a new 10.7 kilometres shared walking and bike path with better access to public facilities and transport hubs.
The $207 million project is expected to be completed in early 2020.
More traffic lanes to get you to your destination sooner
The Thompsons Road Upgrade is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria. Visit the project website for more information.
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
4 kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road will be duplicated, and investigating the potential for duplicating a further 6 kms from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road
Cranbourne Line Duplication
Doubling services on the Cranbourne line with trains every 10 minutes during peak
Fast Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a fast rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
M80 Ring Road Upgrade
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Melbourne Airport Rail
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
North East Link
Victoria's biggest road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network 356231
O'Herns Road Upgrade
Upgrading O’Herns Road and High Street intersection and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
South Gippsland Highway - Koonwarra
Realigning the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan
Suburban Roads Upgrade
Upgrading priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
Sunbury Line Upgrade
The Sunbury Line Upgrade will enable more modern trains to run more often on the line, creating room for 113,000 more passengers every week
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.