For local traders
Do you own or run a business near a Victoria’s Big Build project?
We do our best to minimise and manage the impacts of construction and change on the local community. We’re committed to working with you throughout the project life-cycle, so you can take advantage of the long-term benefits that new transport infrastructure will bring to your business.
Find here information on how we work with local traders.
How we support local businesses
We know you need to plan in advance for any disruption caused by construction activities. If your business will be affected, we will let you know well beforehand, work with you to manage the impacts, and keep you up to date via regular communications.
Additionally, depending on the project, we may:
- run face-to-face forums and briefings
- set up a trader reference group or business liaison group
- offer mentoring and training
- create additional signage and wayfinding, to help customers find your business
- develop and fund advertising and marketing campaigns on behalf of your business and precinct
- develop and fund activation programs and events to support local businesses and build resilience
- set up a dedicated support team or information line for business
- use local business to provide goods and services to the project’s workforce.
Community and stakeholder liaison groups
Groups of locals and other stakeholders that meet regularly to represent the views of the community.
Project information for traders
Didn't find what you're looking for?
Get in touch with our 24-hour contact centre via phone or online form.