18 May 2017
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) will remove 50 of Victoria's dangerous and congested level crossings.
The project will also deliver a Metropolitan Network Modernisation Program which includes new train stations, improved public transport access, and improved pedestrian and cycling links.
The project uses high quality urban design to enhance the attractiveness and amenity of communities around level crossings. The project also has a strong focus on improving integrated land use along rail corridors, to create vibrant hubs for local communities.
The project also plays a critical role in enabling other major rail upgrades to occur. On corridors where level crossing removals will separate the road and rail networks, additional rail services can be run without exacerbating road congestion, which allows the benefits of other major rail upgrades to be achieved.
- A – Evidence of the Problem PDF, 1.3 MB
- B – Benefit Management Plan PDF, 88.1 KB
- C – Assessment of Delays at Level Crossings PDF, 1.0 MB
- E – Options Assessment Framework PDF, 2.4 MB
- I – Procurement Strategy Supporting Information PDF, 889.7 KB
- K – Summary of Environmental Investigations and Sustainability Policy PDF, 90.1 KB
- L – Urban Design Framework PDF, 1.8 MB
If you require assistance in accessing or understanding these reports, please contact us via email or call 1800 105 105.