Due to the size of this report we are unable to provide a digital version.
About the Strategy
This Strategy provides an overarching framework. It is divided into 2 parts:
- Part A is an overview of the Project and summarises the Environmental Requirements.
- Part B describes the Environmental Management System, consistent with ISO 14001, for the Project
The purpose of this Strategy is to provide an overarching framework to address all environmental requirements, including relevant environmental laws, project approvals. approval conditions, the EPRs and the technical requirements of the Project Agreement in relation to environmental management.
- Provides a structured approach to managing environmental outcomes during the construction and operation stages of the project
- Incorporates an Environmental Management System consistent with AS/NZS ISO 14001
- Outlines the environmental management plans (EMPs) which are subordinate to this strategy and cover specific components of the project work
The project includes tunnels and an elevated motorway connecting the West Gate Freeway with the Port of Melbourne, CityLink and the City. It Provides an alternative crossing of the Maribyrnong River to the West Gate Bridge. The project also involves the widening of the West Gate Freeway (from M80 Ring Road and Princess Freeway to Williamstown Road) and upgrades to the road connections.