Successful West Gate Neighbourhood Fund Partnership applicants announced
Community and sporting group in Footscray, Yarraville, Brooklyn, Altona North, Spotswood and South Kingsville will receive a financial boost with local projects chosen to receive funding from the West Gate Neighbourhood Fund.
19 community and sporting groups and local councils will receive $6.4 million in funding to make the inner west an even better place to live with projects chosen ranging from revitalised community spaces, through to improved sporting facilities and initiatives that promote community engagement and wellbeing.
The $10 million West Gate Neighbourhood Fund is an initiative of the Victorian Government to make sure neighbourhoods in the inner west benefit from the West Gate Tunnel Project now.
Funding is provided to projects that bring people together and improve neighbourhoods next to the project.
Under the partnerships stream funding between $100,000 and $1.1 million has been allocated to community-centred arts, sports, wellbeing, transport, and education projects across the inner west.
Congratulations to the successful applicants from this round, which include:
- Spotswood Kingsville RSL, for works to transform the centre into a sustainable and vibrant community hub
- YMCA, for Hobsons Bay Skate Park Activation Project
- Deakin University, for 5 public art projects along the Federation Trail
- Footscray Community Arts Centre, for the Re-imagining Henderson House project, which will revitalise Footscray's historic Henderson House with new creative spaces and, connect the inner west's diverse communities through local art and performances.
- 100 Story Building for redevelopment of a writing centre and creative space space for use by children and young people
- Cinespace, for a multicultural screen art project.