Work to improve safety, access and comfort for passengers at Wallan Station is now complete.
The Wallan Station upgrade included:
- extension of the waiting room
- new toilets in the waiting room
- new platform shelters
- two new bus bays with shelters
- improved security with CCTV and lighting on platforms and in the car park
- additional bicycle parking
- an extension of the city-bound platform.
The extension to the city-bound platform has made it quicker for passengers to get on and off the train, reducing the amount of time trains need to stop at the station and providing a more reliable journey for passengers.
A new bus interchange and reconfigured car park has made Wallan Station safer and easier to access for buses, cars and pedestrians.
The upgrade to the city-bound waiting room, including new toilets, has improved comfort and amenity for passengers.