As part of the Epping Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue
- install new traffic lights at Park Street
- upgrade 5 existing intersections at Craigieburn Road East, De Rossi Boulevard, Baltrum Drive, Harvest Home Road and Lyndarum Drive
- upgrade the pedestrian traffic lights at Taggerty Grove
- build a new shared walking and cycling path from Lyndarum Drive to Craigieburn Road East
- add on-road bicycle lanes from Memorial Avenue to Lyndarum Drive
- install road safety barriers along Epping Road.
The Epping Road upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better north-south road connectivity
- provide easier access to jobs and services, including the Epping activity centre, increasing liveability and commercial development opportunities for the Wollert area
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
View a larger version of the project overview map (PDF, 633.7 KB)
Use the Epping Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project. Click on the icons for more information.