As part of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- add 2 through lanes and 2 right turn lanes in each direction at the Heatherton Road intersection
- install traffic lights at Thomas Mitchell Drive
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade is being delivered by local construction company, Symal Infrastructure.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Watch the video for an overview of the planned upgrade for Hallam North and Heatherton Road.
Use the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project.