As part of the Lathams Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- upgrade the intersection at Frankston-Dandenong Road
- provide a right turn lane at Levida, Titan, Brett and Tova Drive
- widen the existing roundabouts at Oliphant Way and Frankston Gardens Drive
- install new traffic lights at the Stephensons Road and Colemans Road intersections
- build a new bridge over the Peninsula Link, adding a new lane in each direction over the freeway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- enhance connectivity for the local community and businesses in Carrum Downs and Seaford
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Building the upgrade
In December 2020 the contract to complete the works was awarded to Winslow Infrastructure. Early works on the project began in early 2021.
The key project milestones are:
- Jan 2021: Detailed design
- Mid 2021: Utilities relocation
- Late 2021: Start of major works
- Early 2023: Project completion.
Use the Lathams Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project.