As part of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabout at Thompsons Road and Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabout at Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
- install new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- install new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrade intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road will become the straight-through movement when travelling north from South Gippsland Highway, reducing traffic on Cranbourne’s High Street and improving how you travel through Cranbourne.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce traffic on South Gippsland Highway
- improve access around Cranbourne town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
View a larger version of the map (PDF, 181.8 KB).
Use the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project. Click on the icons for more information.
Currently no recent news for this project. See all Victoria's Big Build news.