All new lanes on Plenty Road are open and major works are now complete.
We built the Plenty Road Upgrade in 2 stages:
- Stage 1: McKimmies Road to Bush Boulevard - completed mid-2019
- Stage 2: Bush Boulevard to Bridge Inn Road - major works completed mid-2021.
The $178.6 million upgrade will help get you home safer and sooner.
Works started in March 2018 and were completed in mid-2019.
During Stage 1 of the upgrade, we:
- added a new lane in each direction between McKimmies Road and Bush Boulevard
- upgraded 5 intersections, including Childs Road and Centenary Drive
- installed traffic lights at Rivergum and Mayfield Drives
- widened the existing footpath and create a new shared walking and cycling path
- built on-road cyclist lanes
- installed 10,000 metres of safety barriers.
We’ve added a lane in each direction and upgraded 12 intersections between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road. Major works are complete and all lanes on Plenty Road are now open.
Bridge Inn Road intersection upgrade
We've upgraded the Bridge Inn Road intersection from a roundabout to an intersection with traffic lights.
Crews worked 98 shifts over 49 days to get the Bridge Inn Road intersection open as quickly as possible while each side of the intersection was closed between 23 July and 31 August.
Check out our timelapse video below to see how we upgraded the intersection.