Removing 50 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne
Over 30 kilometres of highway is being duplicated between Traralgon and Sale.
Since the project commenced in 2016, the following sections have been completed:
- Traralgon East, between Traralgon-Maffra Road and Stammers Road, including a new round about at the Rocia Road and Stammers Road intersection
- Traralgon East, between Stammers Road and Minniedale Road
- Flynn to Rosedale, including the duplication of 8.3 kilometres of highway west of Flynns Creek Road, Flynn and Byes Lane, Rosedale
- Nambrok (Stage 1), including 2.8 kilometres of duplicated road between east of Dennison Road to the east of Nambrok Road, Rosedale
- Fulham (Stage 1), including duplication of 2.9 kilometres of highway between west of Sale-Heyfield Road and the Wurruk section
- Fulham (Stage 2), from Sale-Heyfield Road to Sale-Cowwarr Road
- Wurruk to Sale, including the reconstruction and duplication of a 4 kilometre section of highway to the west of Sale.
Two sections are still to be completed:
- Nambrok (Stage 2), expected to be complete by late-2018.
- Traralgon East (Stage 3) between Minniedale Road and east of Sheepwash Creek Road, expected to be complete by mid-2019.
There are currently two more sections in the pre-construction phase:
- Flynn, located from the east of Sheepwash Creek Road to the west of Flynn Creek Road
- Kilmany, located between Rosedale Maffra Road (Nambrok Stage 2) to the west of Sale Cowwarr Road (Fulham 2).
The duplication and upgrades will improve safety and journey times on this route of national significance
The Princes Highway East Duplication is being delivered by the Major Road Projects Authority. Visit the project website for more information.
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
North East Link
Victoria's biggest ever road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
Airport Rail Link
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
High Speed Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a high speed rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
M80 Ring Road Upgrade
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Suburban Roads Upgrade
Upgrading priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
Thompsons Road Upgrade
Removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and duplicating a stretch of Thompsons Road
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
We’re planning for the duplication of Barwon Heads Road to improve traffic flow and safety and provide for future growth in the surrounding area.
South Gippsland Highway - Koonwarra
Realigning the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Bacchus Marsh traffic improvements
We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with the Halletts Way Interchange Project and the Gisborne Road / Holts Lane Intersection Upgrade.