We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with two major upgrades
Over 30 kilometres of highway has been duplicated between Traralgon and Sale.
All nine of the funded sections have been completed:
- Traralgon East, between Traralgon-Maffra Road and Stammers Road, including a new round about at the Rocla Road and Stammers Road intersection
- Traralgon East, between Stammers Road and Minniedale Road
- Flynn to Rosedale, including the duplication of 8.3 kilometres of highway west of Flynns Creek Road, Flynn and Byes Lane, Rosedale
- Nambrok (Stage 1), including 2.8 kilometres of duplicated road between east of Dennison Road to the east of Nambrok Road, Rosedale
- Fulham (Stage 1), including duplication of 2.9 kilometres of highway between west of Sale-Heyfield Road and the Wurruk section
- Fulham (Stage 2), from Sale-Heyfield Road to Sale-Cowwarr Road
- Wurruk to Sale, including the reconstruction and duplication of a 4 kilometre section of highway to the west of Sale.
- Nambrok (Stage 2), between Nambrok Road and east of Maffra - Rosedale Road.
- Traralgon East (Stage 3) between Minniedale Road and east of Sheepwash Creek Road.
There are currently two more sections in the pre-construction phase:
- Flynn, located from the east of Sheepwash Creek Road to the west of Flynn Creek Road
- Kilmany, located between Rosedale Maffra Road (Nambrok Stage 2) to the west of Sale Cowwarr Road (Fulham 2).
The duplication and upgrades will improve safety and journey times on this route of national significance
The Princes Highway East Duplication is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria. Visit the project website for more information.
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
4 kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road will be duplicated, and investigating the potential for duplicating a further 6 kms from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road
Cranbourne Line Duplication
Doubling services on the Cranbourne line with trains every 10 minutes during peak
Fast Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a fast rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
M80 Ring Road Upgrade
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Melbourne Airport Rail
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
North East Link
Victoria's biggest road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network 356231
O'Herns Road Upgrade
Upgrading O’Herns Road and High Street intersection and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
South Gippsland Highway - Koonwarra
Realigning the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan
Suburban Roads Upgrade
Upgrading priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
Sunbury Line Upgrade
The Sunbury Line Upgrade will enable more modern trains to run more often on the line, creating room for 113,000 more passengers every week
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
Thompsons Road Upgrade
Removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and duplicating a stretch of Thompsons Road
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.