As part of the Sunbury Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add new lanes between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest/Loemans roads
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Francis Boulevard and Lancefield Road
- install traffic lights at Sunbury Eco-hub
- build a new bridge over Jacksons Creek
- build new walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
The upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and journey reliability
- connect existing and emerging communities to the Sunbury town centre
- accommodate for future residential and commercial growth along Sunbury Road
- provide easier and safer walking and cycling around the local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by installing safety barriers and reviewing speed limits.
Use the Sunbury Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project. Click on the icons for more information.