Major Road Projects Victoria Internship Program
About the program
The Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) Internship Program is a structured development experience which aims to build the next generation of diverse and inclusive talent ready for careers post-study.
With a wide range of disciplines on offer, we provide students the opportunity to get a taste of what it's like to work on or support major road infrastructure projects.
MRPV’s Internship Program aims to provide opportunities for students identifying with an underrepresented group/s who may otherwise face employment barriers.
To be eligible you will identify with at least 1 of the following underrepresented groups:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Woman in STEM
- Living with disability
- Refugee/Asylum Seeker
- Low socio-economic.
You will also be currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree for the duration of the internship program and have Australian working rights.
We give preference to students who are currently in their second to last or last year of study, but welcome applications from all years.
Why should I apply?
As a participant of the MRPV Internship Program, you will:
- gain hands on experience in your selected field while completing your study
- have the flexibility to work on a full-time or part-time basis, where hours will be flexible to suit your university timetable
- receive coaching and mentoring from trained professionals in your chosen discipline
- participate in learning and development workshops
- be eligible for an industry-based learning credit towards your degree.
You do not need previous relevant experience to apply for this position - all you need is a positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 Winter Internship Program are now open.
Upon application you will be required to provide a statement regarding the under represented group you identify with.
This program is run by Major Road Projects Victoria - a project office of Major Transport Infrastructure Authority delivering Victoria's Big Build.