Use the Craigieburn Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project.
On Craigieburn Road between the Hume Highway and Mickleham Road we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction
- replace the roundabouts with traffic lights at Mickleham Road, Waterview Boulevard and Hardy Avenue
- install new traffic lights at Balyang Way, Dorchester Street and Cimberwood Drive
- upgrade the intersections at Vantage Boulevard, Aitken Boulevard, Lygon Drive, Bridgewater Road and Hanson Road
- upgrade the pedestrian crossing traffic lights near Benston Street
- install a new pedestrian crossing with traffic lights near the Craigieburn Sports Stadium and D.S. Aitken Reserve
- install bus priority lanes
- build walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along sections of the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the Hume Highway and northern activity centres
- improve bus service reliability along Craigieburn Road
- support better connections for the community and businesses in Craigieburn
- improve access to Craigieburn train station
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
View a larger version of the Craigieburn Road upgrade map (PDF, 182.4 KB)
Before and after
Click on the image and drag the slider to see the before and after views of Craigieburn Road and Aitken Boulevard intersection.
Project overview fact sheets
Please see below for the Craigieburn Road Upgrade project overview fact sheet translated in to multiple languages.