The Warrnambool Line Upgrade will deliver a fifth weekday return service between Warrnambool and Melbourne, boost reliability and improve safety for train passengers and motorists.
Stage 1 of the project is due for completion in 2021 and includes:
- building a new crossing loop, making it easier for trains to pass each other
- upgrading signalling between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool
- upgrading 12 level crossings, to make them safer for motorists, pedestrians and train passengers.
Stage 2 of the project includes:
- upgrades to train detection technology at more than 50 public level crossings
- a stabling upgrade at Warrnambool Station.
Learn more about this project